Custom Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Another Coaster

Here is yet another coaster for my collection. I used a small split ring to climb from the central rosette to the outer round, and completed the pattern in one pass. It does use a lot of thread and I needed a large Clover shuttle to hold enough of the Lizbeth size 20 to finish the coaster in one go. (By the way, if you've never tried the larger Clover shuttles I highly recommend them...they can even be used for size 100 thread and work wonderfully.)


This is done in size 20 Lizbeth, #658 Ocean Turquoise Light. It's a really pretty blue and I'm going to buy another ball when I get the chance. The coaster measures 4.25 inches across.

I actually finished this pattern several weeks ago, and would have posted it earlier had I not come down with the flu. At least I think it was the flu, though I can't say I've ever had an illness that caused me to feel like I was bobbing up and down on a fishing pier for over a week. I'm finally starting to get my energy back after about 15 days with whatever it was.

I have one more coaster that I'd like to design before I start writing up patterns. It's something that I drew over a year ago and is in the shape of a square. I'm hoping to have that done in a few more weeks.

14 comments:

God's Kid said...

That is awesome!!! :)

Sarah said...

Oh, this one is lovely too. You do such amazing things with negative space!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

It's really pretty, and I think I can handle one split ring! ;-)

muskaan said...

Very pretty ! Glad you are feeling well enough - missed you :-)

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

It's a lovely design.

Jane McLellan said...

Glad you're feeling better! The coaster is very pretty.

Margarets designer cards said...

Glad you are feeling better, beautiful coaster love the pattern
Margaret

Jenn said...

Gorgeous coaster and colour :).

Jenn said...

Sorry to hear you've been unwell. Glad you're feeling better :).

Dilaw said...

Very nice pattern, and I agree that the blue is very pretty.

Madtatter80 said...

Beautiful again always the tops! Glad your feeling better I got sick a couple months ago and it came back couple times I think it is finally gone now. Hope the comeback thing doesn't happen to you :(

Claire said...

Gorgeous. Well done!

GraceT said...

What a lovely coaster! I can see echoes of your earlier patterns in it, too. :-)

Robin Perfetti said...

Good catch! I used elements from my First Snowfall and Eclipse snowflakes :)