Custom Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Comment reply notifications, or lack thereof

Just a quick post today about comment notifications. I have my preferences set to email me when people comment on my blog, and I had assumed that others would be emailed when I replied to their comments, as long as I hit the "reply" button under their comment when doing so. Well, after a bit of research yesterday, I learned that Blogger does not support this feature (although WordPress does). The only way for people to be notified of my response is if they 1) check back on the blog post, or 2) subscribe to all comments on that post...and who does that? Not me.

The only solution I was able to find is to reply both on my blog and to the email notification that I receive. So, in the future, if I respond to a comment you will see it in your inbox as well (that is, if you have an email account associated with your comment).

Back to posting about tatting later this week!

Update: After blogging for a little more than half a year, I've noticed that 

1) Lots of people don't have an email address associated with their account, and

2) Often times, people do come back to check on the comments section of a post after they have written something

So, I've decided to continue responding to comments in the comments section, but only to email a response if it is important, such as an answer to a question. This way, I won't feel badly about clogging people's inboxes with responses such as "Thanks!"

I try to respond in the comment section as much as I can, though tiredness can sometimes get in the way :-/

No comments: